Normally Mondays are not my favorite days (as with many other people), but today has been especially calm, relaxing and happy. I don’t know if it’s the feeling of fall being around the corner… with the crisp and cool air, warm colors, comforting foods… but today has been a different Monday than most. I think the things that have contributed to my happy day are:
- Having both a relaxing AND productive weekend (if that’s even possible to have the two together).
- I was motivated to wake up early this morning to begin my day (which hasn’t happened in a while – I’ve been waking up already exhausted with the day’s upcoming events lately).
- I got to sit and enjoy my egg white/chicken sausage/gruyere omelet and coffee with House Hunters for breakfast… without fear of having to rush to the next thing or guilt that I was putting off something important.
- I was able to run a few errands and then realize how much time was still left to work, read and write this afternoon! (Although I’ve spent a couple of meaningless hours on Pinterest, Facebook and dreaming of decorating a high end loft in a big city one day… haha.)
- I have been loving my study on Nehemiah by Kelly Minter and learning about the benefits and discipline of prayer… I’m being challenged by the words of Nehemiah and the things he did and felt for others.
- And sometimes it’s just nice to be able to be at home… I’ve loved that for the past few days… I think it’s refueled me enough to send me back out the next four days into a chaotic schedule of driving and meeting and talking and oh so much more.
So, happy Monday. I wish you one as good as mine.