Week one of an increase in protein and dramatic decrease in white carbs and dairy was quite positive. It took more preparation and work throughout the week to prepare breakfast and lunches, but I think the work was well worth it. I had a little more energy than normally each day and felt full after each meal. I did, however, crave for some sugary or cheesy goodness foods, but that made longing for my cheat day (yesterday – Saturday) all the more exciting. For dinner last night, Tony and I ate at Rumours East with some friends. It was delicious, and to be a cheat day, we definitely went all out. We started with the house bread basket while we waited on our friends to arrive and then had the goat cheese (wrapped in grape leaves) appetizer. They had a peach and basil salad that was unlike anything I had ever tasted before. For the entree, Tony got the NY Strip and I had the scallops with wheat bulgar salad on the side. All was wonderful, and I’d highly recommend the restaurant for anyone in the Nashville area!
So, we’ll keep going on our slow carb eating, hoping for a positive second week experience… Menu for this week:
- Monday: Grilled ratatouille, adapted from the previous recipe I shared with spaghetti squash and no ricotta in the tomato sauce
- Tuesday: Night out with Tony’s parents – we’re hoping for somewhere Mexican so we can order fajitas
- Wednesday: Grilled chicken, grilled green beans, corn salsa
- Thursday: Steak and portobello fajita lettuce wraps with guacamole
- Friday: Salmon/tilapia, broccoli and carrots
I’ll let you know if we get creative with any of these recipes as we strive to keep them simple and as healthy as possible.